In the State of Wisconsin, Realtors owe certain responsibilities to all parties in transaction, these include both Customers and Clients.
These responsibilities are:
- Fair and Honest Treatment
- Reasonable Skill and Care
- Disclosure of Material Adverse Facts
- Accurate market condition information when you request it
- Objective presentation of offers
As a Buyer, if you choose to work with an Integrity Realtor without signing a Buyer Agency Agreement, you are a “Customer” and receive the service listed above. In this situation, the Realtor is working WITH you, not for you. When you work with an Integrity Realtor to list your property or represent you in purchasing a home, you sign a contract for brokerage services and become a “Client”.
At that point, you are owed these additional services:
- Disclosure of Material Information
If you choose to enter into either a Listing Contract or Buyer Agency Agreement, it means that Your Integrity Realtor is now working WITH you and FOR you. Ask your Realtor to explain all your options!